Friday, April 6, 2018


    Well, it's been over 9 years since my first post, which, until now, has been my only post.
    It's not that I haven't had anything to say, it's more that I just haven't said it. Chalk it up to cutbacks.
     This sign reminds me of cutbacks. I took this picture in Trinidad some years back. It struck me that if a Ministry of Finance office can fall into this state of disrepair, well, the austerity measures must surely be having an effect.
     Just like how government cutbacks result in fewer, more meagre services being provided, and a general decline in social well-being, cut backs in the sharing of ideas (i.e. keeping them to one's self) results in fewer ideas being circulated and discussed, and a general decline in the richness of social discourse.
    So here I am, back with another post, contributing to the greater good, with a view to a bright and prosperous future for all humanity. Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment